HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Was adding a 5 pin trailer cennector to 2012 Pilot. this required

Customer Question

was adding a 5 pin trailer cennector to 2012 Pilot. this required a tap in to the reverse light wire. after completing I put car in reverse to see if connection was good. My tester created a spark, I now assume a short. Car will turn over, but shuts off immediatly. No warning lights on dash when key is on. won't shift out of park after trying to start (have to use shift release button). All checkable fuses good. All lights, radio, etrc. work
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Honda Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all fuses, manual release of shifter
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: are you a robot? nothing elese
JA: IÂ’m an assistant to the Honda Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I also removed and replaced positive battery cable. This had no effect.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When key is in ignition I get a double beep, pause, double beep, ...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
After an attempt to start I have to remove key from ignition before it will accept another attempt
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tapped into the blue wire going into reverse light, assuming black was common. Nothing is connected to the line tapped into the reverse light
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can you better explain what exactly you shorted and where so I can try to figure this out.