HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

My fan stays on after car is off and is killing my battery JA:

Customer Question

My fan stays on after car is off and is killing my battery
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The fan is not cutting off with the car, I disconnected the battery and it cuts off, as soon as I connect the battery, the fan comes back on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet, just disconnecting the battery
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2006 honda pilot v6
I see, thanks. That could very well be the rad fan control relay, (shorted). There is a test for the relay that can be done..If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,