HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda crv: I have a 2002 Honda CRV AW drive when I drive it

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Honda CRV AW drive when I drive it for a long period it has problems starting
And now it is starting to run hot
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 11 months ago.
Hi,my name is***** see your question has been open for a while now. Are you still needing help?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I do not have a answer yet😊
Expert:  justinsbg replied 10 months ago.
Okay. When the car won't start does the engine not spin over at all when you turn the key to start? Is there any action at all when turning the key to start?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes it act like it wants to start
But it dosent
15 minutes it starts no problem
One more question. When the car gives trouble does it happen when the car has been sitting over night? Or, does this happen when you've driven it, parked it for a short time (like going in to get groceries), and then trying the restart it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No problem when it sets over night .
Driving it for a long period of time
Does the cranking of the engine seem weak or sluggish, or is it a strong constant continual cranking?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Happens only when it is driven for a long period . I cut it off to put gas in I will have to wait 10 to 15 minutes for it to start
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Strong constant
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Strong constant continually cranking
Alright, let me see if I've got this circumstance correct. The vehicle will only give trouble after a while of driving, then turning the engine off for a short time, and after that the engine will spin over strongly but won't start? I just want to make sure I have this correct before making a determination.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes that is correct
Been busy here. I will respond back later this evening. Thanks for your patience.
I am going back through my customers and see that I never responded to you. Do you still need help?