rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 1977 280z Datsun will not start.

Customer Question

My 1977 280z Datsun will not start. Running when I park it. Replace plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor button, fuel pressure regulator and all injectors. Car run when spraying either only. Can you help?
Category: Honda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Sounds like the fuel pump is bad, check the pressure with a gauge. Be sure you have spark at the plugs too.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry ron replaced fuel pump also.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Don't assume these parts are good just because they are new. Please do tht testing I requested.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ron I am getting fuel all the way up to the injectors
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
PLEASE check the pressure and also for spark at the plugs. I can't help you without getting verification on these.Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well look Ron I'm sorry I waisted your time just refund ny $5 dollars. You can't seem to hear me. Thank you