chrlsman
chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

I installed spec d headlight on my honda accord 2003 lx and

Customer Question

I installed spec d headlight on my honda accord 2003 lx and it work for a while then all the lights started going out
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I noticed that I'm getting a reading of 13 volts on my right head lights in all 3 wires
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just read the voltage and it didn't seem right to me one of the wires is supposed to be ground
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the Honda techs here
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
Looking on the Spec-D website, I see there are multiple models of headlamp assemblies for the 03 Accord. Which model did you buy? Depending on the model, some use the original bulb and some use different bulbs. If the bulb changed, that may change the voltage requirement causing problems to the headlamp relay control module.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
A quick and easy fix is just to reinstall both original headlamps assemblies with new bulbs. If the issue goes away, you know the aftermarket assemblies are the cause of the problem. Many aftermarket parts that the manufacture says is designed for the car, are not actually engineered properly and can cause problems.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
Here is the wiring diagram for the headlamps:
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.