Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I have a 98 honda accord. I have soldered the main relay but

Customer Question

I have a 98 honda accord. I have soldered the main relay but it stalls on me. Mostley right after we use it or were bit going over 20. I dk whats going on need help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just wrote it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I soldered the main relay fule one
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: No anx the spark plugs just got changed. And the oil seems fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its been doing ok but dont need to it act up with the kids in the car my lights and radio stay on there ok and one time it went the brakes wanted to lock up
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the question is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can still get all of the help you need! Sometimes soldering the main relay does not work. The relay contacts can be worn out instead of a cracked solder joint. I recommend replacing the main relay. It's a good idea anyway since it's a common source of problems. Another common stalling issue is a bad ignition switch. The electrical contacts wear so power to the ignition system fails intermittently. There is even a Honda recall for this exact problem. I have seen the recall replacement parts eventually fail again in the same exact way so if it's had the recall done it can still fail again. You can enter your VIN at THIS SITE to see if the recall was done. The part is just the electrical portion of the ignition switch not the entire assembly. Thank you, ***** ***** to rate or accept.~Cliff