Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Accidentally put wrong key in 04 Honda ignition. Now ignition

Customer Question

Accidentally put wrong key in 04 Honda ignition. Now ignition and steering wheel is locked
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Will the correct key even go in and turn to all position?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The correct key inserts into the ignition, but it will not turn at all, and the wheel is locked. The anti theft light inside the car is blinking about once every 1.5 seconds. I tried disconnecting the battery for several minutes and reconnecting, but still no luck.
The anti theft system can prevent starting but can not prevent turning the key. Since your not able to get the steering unlocked. Set the parking brake and use a jack(s) to raise both front tires off the ground. This should allow you to get the key to turn and the steering unlocked as long as this other key did not damage the tumblers. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris