HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

My ac is not working in my 06 honda civic hybrid. JA:

Customer Question

hello my ac is not working in my 06 honda civic hybrid.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ok i had it tested and they said i need to replace the gauge control module
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: mechanic
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Please perform a simple test for me. Turn the car ON and start the engine. Pop the hood. Turn the blower fan ON and then the a/c switch ON. Look to see if both under hood cooling fans come on when the a/c switch is pressed on. Both under hood cooling fans are supposed to turn On when the a/c switch is pressed. let me know if both cooling fans respond to the a/c switch ON command. I will look for your response.