EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience

My car will not start there is a,green flashing light JA:

Customer Question

My car will not start there is a,green flashing light
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We had lost the key and my bf had taken out the ignition well when I found it I think the immobilized needs to be decoded
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Recoded Yes
JA: What else should I tell the Honda Mechanic?
Customer: I think that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
HI. You are correct the immobilizer needs to be recoded. That needs to be done by a dealer or a locksmith. They can recode the key back to the car for you. And a locksmith will come out to you.