Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

2010 accord LX. There is the center pin of a cell phone charge

Customer Question

2010 accord LX. There is the center pin of a cell phone charge stuck in the "cigarette lighter" jack. How can I get the jack out to replace it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thanks you.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pliers.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: I don't belive so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the question is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can still get all of the help you need! I have included the instructions for removing the console cover and power outlet socket. There should be a slot near the bottom of the socket to pry the plug end loose through once the panel is removed. The panel is actually easy to remove. Thank you, ***** ***** rate or accept.~Cliff
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is for the one below the center stack? These pictures look more like the one in the console.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The one with the little door covering it up.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
And it's an auto not a manual.
Yes it's for the one in the console. Let me look for the one you want.
Do you have navigation? It's where the door flips open?
This should do it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have nav. It's the bottom of the line and there is that little door over it. I didn't see any bolts but it's dark now so I'll look over the weekend. Thanks.
Not seeing that anywhere in my repair manual. Can you take a picture and send it whenever you are ready?