mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

I went to change out the stero on my 2003 Honda CR-V, I messed

Customer Question

I went to change out the stero on my 2003 Honda CR-V, I messed up when I removed the stock stereo I cut the male part of the wiring harness off. I started the car and had to run to the store as I realized I needed additional parts. When I went to start to car it turned over fine but the gauges started twitching and you could hear them clicking for like 5 seconds then it stopped and the car worked fine as did the garages. I came back home and knwoing I had made an error by cutting the harness off I put everything back together.
JA: I love it here. My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Honda Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: But I'm still having he same problem, and now the radio won't turn on
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: Are you there? Did I blow a fuse or something ?
JA: No. I'm the Honda Mechanic's Assistant. Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: I noticed the door locking system isn't working either.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
if defintely sounds as if you have blown a fuse give me a moment and i will pull up a diagram for the fuses to see what fuse could cause this.
i have attached two diagrams in the first one oyu will want to look at fuse number 8in the second one you will want to look at fuse number 9
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You were correct .... I had found the same information online and had already made the repairs. But you were right on target as far as what the issue was the under the hood 10 v fuse was toast.
I got the new touch screen stereo installed and it's working great as well as the gauges, door locks, and other issues.
glad i could help if you could take a moment to leave me a rating it would be appreciated