Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Yes, Pearl, we replaced the Ignition Lock Cylinder on my 2004

Customer Question

Yes, Pearl, we replaced the Ignition Lock Cylinder on my 2004 Civic Lx and
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sorry, need the code to put in so the car will start.....New and old key were not chipped, we just need to do the immobilizer code. Will give VIN when you are ready
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. We have replaced everything and the new key works...the car tries to turn over but doesn't actually fire. I have the instructions on how to enter the code....just need the code
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Don't have the code so we really haven't tried anything except for unhooking the battery to allow all to reset. Can't go any further, according to what I have researched
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: Don't think so. It was running fine before the key locked up. New key/cylinder seems to be working fine....just won't fire
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. In allot of cases this code needs obtained from a dealer.If you provide them the VIN number as well as proof of ownership (registration) and a photo ID they can usually look up this code for you and may not charge you for the code.If this is not an option or was already attempted let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete