MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech

My 2003 Honda CR-V keyless door locks are not working. JA:

Customer Question

My 2003 Honda CR-V keyless door locks are not working.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: You can hear the electrical system trying to actuate the locks but they do not function.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The only lock that is functioning is the back hatch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: That is all I can think of right now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 6 months ago.
Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you.if you are hearing the locks work on each door or a faint noise or movement then you have failed door lock's not uncommon for these to did this just happen out of the blue and then you noticed the rear doors not unlocking ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
None of the four doors locks are working with the keyless entry, just the rear hatch door. I can hear the signal under the dash (transponder?) when the lock or unlock button is pushed, but no sounds from any of the door locks. Could all 4 door lock actuators have failed?
ok then this is telling me the out put it working for the locks.if you place your finger on the key cylinder (door lock) see if you feel anything any movement reason im asking this is these fail all the time and im pretty sure this is the issue.I can send you directions to remove the door panel and to test the lock actuators. you will need a volt ohm meter to do this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is absolutely no movement on the key cylinder. I would appreciate if you could send me the instructions on removing the door panel to test the lock actuators. I do have a multimeter.
here is all the info you will need to test the actuators and also replace them.the door lock actuators are mounted on the door lock to this is why I sent the removal info for have to make sure to install the actuator in the correct position or the door will not open once will see a slot in the door lock that will accept the lock arm on the actuator.