Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

2014 Honda CRV won't start. Lots of clicking noises. My wife

Customer Question

2014 Honda CRV won't start. Lots of clicking noises. My wife cleaned the interior of the car with a vacuum that plugged into the power outlet. Then the problem started. This is the second time this has happened. The first time we had it towed into the shop and the shop people told us later they could not find a problem and the car started right up. Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the question is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can still get all of the help you need! Clicking noises are common when the battery is low. After using the vacuum it might just have a dead battery. I would charge the battery or try jump starting it. Once it starts I would have the battery tested. It is probably still under the manufactures 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. warranty. If it still clicks when jumping it the starter is probably intermittently failing. I see quite a few bad starters in this generation of CR-V. If you have any other questions or ned further help just ask! Thank you, ***** ***** to rate or accept.~Cliff