Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I HAVE CODE P1433 AND CODE P1600 WE REPLACED THE BATTERY .THE

Customer Question

I HAVE CODE P1433 AND CODE P1600 WE REPLACED THE BATTERY .THE VEHICLE WOULD START THEN SHUT OFF BEFORE NEW BATTERY AND NOW IT'S DOING THE SAME THING STARTS FOR A FEW SECONDS THE SHUTS OFF . Jim
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We are a repair shop can't seem to figure this out . code p1433 and code p1600 . vehicle came in start then shut off after replacing the battery pack same thing .
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes we are a auto repair shop 45 years
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no but from what i am reading this is a wide spread problem but on answers
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
jhmes96695s015929
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the VIN! I dont have much experience with these vehicles so I will leave this open for other experts. Someone should be with you shortly. Thank you!
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jim, My name is***** codes as you know indicate battery and MCM faults. Since the battery is new and the faults exist then thoroughly inspect the harness and connections and if ok you have a possible faulty MCM or software problem. Try a reflash and update of the software which will completely reset the system to factory settings so the history of this problem will be completely gone. This way either you will uncover a faulty MCM if it will not take the reflash and is it does it could resolve your problem completely and confirm a software problem. If the fault returns for any reason you could have a possibly IMA failure. depending on what codes return. click this link for some added FYIInformation
Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.