Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Automotive Technician with a Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive Technology
78075103

I have a 2007 Honda CR-V. My low beam headlights both went

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Honda CR-V. My low beam headlights both went out at the same time when I started the car and went to turn them on. All other lights are fine. I checked the fuses and there are no problems though I couldn't see the underwood main headlight fuse very well and I couldn't figure out how to pull it out.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The light bulbs are only about 9 months old and they both went out simultaneously so I don't think it's that.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: I checked all the fuses and couldn't see any that are blown.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric Gardner replied 1 year ago.
There is a safety recall for the low beams on these CRVs. The wires can short causing the issue you are now having or cause smoking from the steering column. Honda will fix the problem free of charge.
let me know if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that both bulbs could burn out at the same time?
It is possible, but unlikely. You could pull the bulbs out to see if the filaments have break in them. If so, just replace the headlight bulbs. It's worth a shot. I would be interested to hear the outcome.
let me know If I can help further. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate my service. I am here to help.