Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Our 2002 Honda CR-V LX fan A/C and heater will not

Customer Question

Our 2002 Honda CR-V LX fan for the A/C and heater will not go on. Can you pls. tell me what fuses to check.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I turn the fan and on at any speed, it does not even blow any air or a motion that the blower fan is started.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Try to because I'm short of cash.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: I'd like to stay in one issue but the power window for the front driver side and the left passenger side is not working.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! The most common cause for this issue is a bad blower motor power transistor. This is VERY common on these vehicles. Here is a picture of the power transistor
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
You should see the rating system towards the bottom of the page. Thank you and have a great weekend!!