justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

I tried speaking with you in another browser, but it

Customer Question

Hello, I tried speaking with you in another browser, but it would not let me "resume chat"
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2004 honda accord v6 stalled on the way home
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 Honda Accord v6 EX
about 2 weeks ago I noticed my car start to stall sporadically when I would turn (not all the time, and I could not make it do it twice) (to be precise, I had 5 almost stalls and 2 actual stall stops. The first one I could immediately restart the car, the second one, turn the key and nothing, like there was no starter. After I got the car pushed to a safe place, I attempted to restart again, and it starts.I have been looking for awhile at this issue, and I think I got it to a relay or the ignition switch (electronic part) Please let me know if there are any other ideas. Thanks,
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid just Answer.I have seen this issue a few times before. I service Honda/Acura only every day. That problem is most likely a faulty ignition switch. Virtually all the electrical power for the vehicle's electronic systems flow through the ignition switch. There are several different electrical contacts inside the switch. One or more of the contacts will develop a low spot or a burned spot which will create intermittent stalling issues such as the one you are experiencing. I would replace the switch. It is relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. The steering column covers need to come off and that's about it. I will include a picture of the switch as well as a link to view the factory part, part number, and pricing. It will be #9 in the parts list. If you have any more questions about this just let me know. Thanks!You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Here's the picture and the linkhttp://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~switch~steering~35130-saa-j51.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It ended up being what I already suggested. both items, I took out the ignition switch and took it apart, the points were worn and one of the surfaces that the points made contact with was a little burnt. however this did not correct my problems, I got back on the road and as soon as I got to then end of the road and tried to accelerate, I lost all power, it did not completely stall but tried, so I ended up going to get the efi relay. when I took the relay out, one of the pins was discolored and it was extremely hot when I took it out. Thank you for your help but my questions was this... did you know of any other items that could cause this type of problem besides what I suggested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to more directly quote myself "I have been looking for awhile at this issue, and I think I got it to a relay or the ignition switch (electronic part) Please let me know if there are any other ideas."
your answer as already half of mine. so a more accurate answer from you should have been, "As you suggested, I would believe it to be more of the ignition switch over the relay, but I do not know of any other causes to this issue" I will give you a good rating for the picture, though I did not require it. since my main question was "Please let me know if there are any other ideas"