HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Steve I also have a 99 accord but my inbuilt alarm suddenly

Customer Question

Steve I also have a 99 accord but my inbuilt alarm suddenly stopped working. I recently took the car in to get the problem fixed but $600 later , all they did was get all the doors to lock simultaneously... I thought that would fix the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm not sure what else to add. The car use to arm previously ..10 sec after you locked the doors. Now it doesn't...where do I start? Should I be checking fuses first or is it it a door sensor problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
You may have a bad hood or trunk switch causing the issue. There is a connector for the hood switch which is gray and has 2 wires in it, If you disconnect it and connect the 2 terminals together on the side going to the car the system will think the hood is closed. If the alarm sets then you know it is the hood latch. You can also try unplugging the trunk latch and see if the alarm sets after that. Tomorrow at work I may be able to help you further if needed.