Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Pilot: 2012 honda pilot with 104.000 miles cose p0430 what

Customer Question

2012 honda pilot with 104.000 miles cose p0430
what to check i clear code and came back 5 days later
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This code here indicates Front Bank Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2).If there is no exhaust that is damaged on this model here and no exhaust leaks this indicates the catalytic converter on bank 2 needs replaced.I have seen these fail before in the past several times needing replaced.This is best done by a dealer or exhaust repair center.I show a cost of around $342 and 3 hours labor to have this replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete