Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

2005 odessey transmission slips at upon reducin JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

2005 odessey transmission slips at upon reducin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2005 odessey transmission slipping at around 10 mph. When slowing down to perhaps make a turn or coming to a stop but not actually stopping. If you have applied the brake to slow down then released it and continue to slow down l, coasting but not giving the car gas or depressing the brake again, when the speedometer reaches right at 10 miles per hour, I apply pressure to gas pedal and the engine revs up ask if it is stuck in neutral. I then let off the gas and touch the brake then apply thr gas again and it goes. Any ideas?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the question is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can still get all of the help you need! Is your check engine light on or the D4 light? It sounds like it's slipping. The fluid should be checked to see if it is dark in color or smells burnt. Thanks,~Cliff
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just had a transmission service it helps for a couple of days then it started again
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did not smell
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No light on either
Usually once it starts slipping fluid changes won't help. I have replaced probably a dozen Odyssey transmissions for your exact problem. Some have the lights on and some don't but usually will eventually. It's an internal failure of the clutch pack seals or lack of hydraulic pressure. Without proper pressure the clutch can't hold. Sorry to say but it looks like the transmission will need replaced or rebuilt. Thank you, ***** ***** remember to rate or accept. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!~Cliff