justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Pilot: 2010 honda pilot, vsa, abs, brake lights all on das

Customer Question

2010 honda pilot, vsa, abs, brake lights all on dash.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 7 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.I service Honda every day so I know the brand very well. This issue is sometimes as simple as the brake fluid master cylinder being low. Please pop the hood and check the master cylinder to make sure the fluid is above the MIN mark on the reservoir. If it is low, top it off with DOT 3 brake fluid. This should take care of it. If the master cylinder is not low let me know and we'll pursue other options.You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fluid is full lights still on. Including the diamond light with exclamation!
Next, please confirm that the brake lights are working. Have someone stand at the rear of the vehicle while you press the brake pedal and let you know if the brake lights are working
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Brake lights work.
Great, thanks. What I would do next is run by somewhere like Advance Auto or Auto Zone to have them scan the computer for you to tell you what code(s) are stored relating to the lights. Once you have those codes you can relay them to me and I will be able to assist you further.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried scan. Will not show any codes. Touring edition.
What sort of scanner did you use? Keep in mind that you have to use a scanner that is able to communicate with the ABS system specifically. A generic scanner will not have this capability