HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Odyssey: I need the immobilizer brake code 2005 Honda.Our

Customer Question

I need the immobilizer brake code for our 2005 Honda.
Our immobilizer is fried out and I need to get my son to work, get the new part and have my dealer reprogram the new transponder/KEY etc.
My VIN is 5FNRL38685B047259
PLEASE help!!
Thanks *****
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Attached is a few pics of the VIN
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 6 months ago.
Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist order for me to release the brake code I need to send a premium offer so we can make contact on the phone and also be able to verify your proof of ownership and drivers license via smart phone test msg.if you have these items I can send the offer to you. this is a additional fee
also the ID and registration needs to match
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How much is the fee and do I do that though this site
yes this is all handled right here. let me send the offer just answer sets the rate on each question
it's 24.00
the reason for this is to safely release these codes for the security of both parties
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've attached a pic of the damaged key receiver that goes into the ignition cylinder to activate the chip in my key.
The circuit is fried out.
So I'm not sure if I can get the van started even though this part is removed and damaged
can you tell me how this happened ?in my 28 years on this line I have never seen that
did someone try to bypass this or hook up something to it ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My oldest son was messing with this yesterday -
I was at work ;(
He got the key stuck and damaged it when trying to get it out.
The black box that's on the front (upper) area of the ignition cylinder that's wired underneath is fine.
The green light blinks even though I have the master key and I have it by the receiver and it turns - but it will not turn over the engine (just cranks)
Doing research on this I'm thinking that because of the system being damaged I'll have to get a new one.
However I have one car- besides my work truck that I can't use on personal time.
yes the imobi unit will need to be replaced sounds like it got shorted out during the you just replaced the cylinder correct
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So I'm thinking the immobilizer is not picking up the code anylonger from the key and because of that not letting the fuel go when starting from the computer.
I'm not a expert but from what I've read.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The cylinder turns just fine now yes..
yes that is correct.once this was fried it is done and will no longer look for the key.these are dealer items so once you get the imobi unit It will need to be programmed but a brake code will work once its replaced with a new unit a temp code can be given
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm working on getting the docs together to send to you for our Proof of ownership
well lets hold off until you can replace the imobi unit
I have to step out now so while you get the imobi unit and install it then we can continue and I can get your brake code at that time.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is their a way to get started (with the ownership forms so I can get the parts?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.