HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

I need radio code number 27017183

Customer Question

i need radio code for serial number 27017183
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I can pull a radio code for you. Do you have the VIN also? I need that as well.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
serial num JCZ27017183
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry, I will need the entire vehicle identification number. It should be 17 digits.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
idon't have because I'm bought this stereo in eBay
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Oh, honda requires a VIN to be entered into their system to generate the code. Are you installing this radio into a honda vehicle? I could try entering the VIN from that vehicle and see what the system throws out. Other wise your only option would be to have a honda scan tool hooked up to the vehicle to pull the vin from the stereo it self (assuming the stereo is installed in a honda).
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hey my problem was not resolved yet was still charged $28. why was i charged that money?
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Billing is handled by the customer service department. We don't see any of it from the expert side. We can't even see what you have paid thus far. All we can see is that you have made a deposit of some kind. We experts then attempt to help in hopes of receiving payment through a positive rating of our service.Your deposit won't be returned unless you submit to customer service that you no longer need help.Did you still need info? I never received a response on my last question so I thought you had given up.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i solved the problem myself and i was just wondering what I was charged for.
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure what explanation I can offer other than Just Answer charges people to submit questions and seek advice. I have noticed that if the dialogue is one sided and the customer fails to participate then they often feel that they did not receive what they paid for. This is especially true when a customer needs to solve the problem on their own because of that lack of participation.My suggestion would be to request a refund for the services that you did not fully utilize. This can be done with the customer service department.