sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

03 Honda pilot stalls JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more

Customer Question

03 Honda pilot stalls
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: some time it will idle fine then other times it wont idle at all will set misfire codes none other
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Noticed fuel trims will not move short or long
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that could cause the engine to die. It may be losing spark or fuel pressure, or it's possible that you have a weak upstream oxygen sensor heater. A weak heater will cause oxygen sensor signal voltage to remain higher than it should be, the engine controller thinks that the engine is running richer than it is so fuel is taken away.the first step in diagnosing the problem is to see if any fault codes are setting. Anything causing a loss of spark should set a code and that will give a starting point for testing.Are any codes setting?