Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

My check engine light came suddenly on and it started sputtering

Customer Question

My check engine light came suddenly on and it started sputtering ...
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: How do i get the code?
JA: The more information we have the better, but not to worry - the Honda Mechanic will know how to find that out. Anything else I can tell the Honda Mechanic before I connect you two? The more information we have the better, but not to worry - the Honda Mechanic will know how to find that out.
Customer: ok
JA: What else should I tell the Honda Mechanic?
Customer: it is 1999 Honda accord
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** engine light indicates that the Engine Control Module has detected a problem so it stored a trouble code and turned the warning check engine light to let you know there is a problem.Without knowing trouble code, we can only guess.You mentioned it started sputtering, so i can assume it could be something with spark plugs and it causing misfire so the computer would set a code.It could be something wrong with one of the engine sensors as well.Many parts stores can read trouble cods out of your car for free so you may want to give a try.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I drive the car?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
to an Auto shop?
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 7 months ago.
Yes, sure.The check engine light does not mean you should stop driving the car, it just tells you should have it checked as soon as possible as some problems could create more troubles if left unattended.Please do not forget to rate my answer 3 stars or more and you are welcome to continue converstaion if you need more help or can get more details like trouble code number.Thanks
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I am just checking if you have any update about your issue or need more help?Please do not forget to rate my answer 3 stars or more if you feel my answer was helpful in anyway.