Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Hard to push clutch but has to push to floor to change gear

Customer Question

hard to push clutch but has to push to floor to change gear
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 1986 but in great shape has been well taken care of had slave cylinder put o before
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Honda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: oh I'm sorry it a 1986 bmw 325 e
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 7 months ago.
So its a 1986 BMW 325 E correct?
Hi,If its a BMW then you will need to have the clutch master cylinder replaced. Below are the instructions if you want to do it yourself, but its best left to a shop so they can bleed the hydraulic brake system properly after replacement.click here That will make the pedal release further from the floor and wont grind gears or make it hard to go into gear.
Hi,Any further questions?If not please dont forget to rate my service or ask another questionLJ