Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I have a 2011 Honda Accord Coupe. The driver's seat will not

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Honda Accord Coupe. The driver's seat will not lock in an incline position. I believe the locking mechanism is broken. I have been told that I need to replace the entire seat. If so, was is the model number so I can by it from reseller
L. Sherrod
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. The chat will remain open after rating so you can still get all of the help you need! Can I please have the VIN so I can look up the correct part? Thanks, Cliff
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the VIN. Looking over the Honda parts catalog it seems the seat is sold in pieces not as an assembly(see image). The seat frame with the part you need is(ouch!) $1651.57! If you are wanting to find a used complete seat you will need to tell the reseller the specifics of your Accord. Year, coupe, color, EX-L, etc. Since there is not a part number for the seat assembly this will be how they will find you one. Hope this helps. Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!Thank you! ~Honda-Man
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I really need a whole seat - what if just a bar or support piece is broken or damaged? Why can't that piece or pieces be replaced? Seems like a big replacement cost for what appears to be a very small piece(s).
I agree completely with you. I am not sure why Honda decided to not sell pieces separate for the seat frame assembly. In the diagram the broken part is included with part #6. That part is sold as an assembly. You mentioned a reseller this will be the least expensive option by far. Sorry for the news but unfortunately it's the only way. You might try a upholstery shop? They might be able to repair the broken part? Thanks again, Cliff
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the broken parts number or name within part # *****? It has to have a name or description.
There is no individual parts breakdown for reference #6. The part is called the recline mechanism but it is not listed separate from the seat frame assembly. Would you like me to opt-out so another expert can try?