Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I'm ***** *****, and the issue is regarding a 2012 civic NG.

Customer Question

I'm ***** *****, and the issue is regarding a 2012 civic NG. When the key is on (or just to II, not the engine) the fuel gauge slowly ticks down in 5 second intervals until it reaches empty. The fuel light is blinking in addition.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It seems to be one of three things. The pressure sending unit, in place of a float on a regular gas vehicle, could be bad. the second is the high pressure valve failing. and the third is a clever DIYer realized that there was frost forming on a fuel rail and determined the Thermo valve was plugged and was the issue.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The most common cause for this fault here that I have run into before and had to replace is the pressure sensor/level sensor assembly.This fails electronically and sends an incorrect signal causing the gauge to default to empty.Like most other models when there is an issue with this type of sensor for the level or pressure it causes the gauge to default to empty.If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here this needs done.If any codes have set the codes need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.This will need tested further to locate and correct this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete