Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2002 Honda Odyssey with major power window problems.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Honda Odyssey with major power window problems. The driver's side window has failed and been replaced four times and the passenger side window has been replaced twice. At least two times the windows have shattered and fallen into the door, Other times, just fails. Honda customer service just says "Sorry about this. Your problem." I have
JA: So sorry, but I missed that. One more time?
Customer: I have a 2002 Honda Odyssey with major power window problems. Driver's side window has failed and been replaced four times and the passsenger wide window has been replaced twice. Two times the windows have shattered and fallen into the door. Other times just fails. Honda customer service just says "Sorry about this Your problem" Cost to repair so far exceeds $2,00.00. Please advise.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: Transmission failed and replaced at 125,100 miles at my expense.
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Car runs great. Good damn engine.
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Honda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Lots of expensive problems with this vehicle for which I paid top dollar.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the window glass is shattering and has been replaced more then once for this issue here I would have the door frames checked for any bends or damage causing strain on the window glass itself.This will cause this type of fault here and if there is any bends or damage this will have to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete