Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I currently only have the valet key 2012 Honda Accord.

Customer Question

I currently only have the valet key for my 2012 Honda Accord. I was able to drive to a friends, but I accidentally locked my door apparantly arming the anti theft system. Now the car will not start and I need to get it back home. The alarm continues to go off I've tried the lock unlock lock method and
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes i just need to find a way to reset the alarm and get the valet key to start the engine again
JA: Anything else I can tell the Honda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI, Ok, do the following: Open driver door and leave it open. Place key in the ignition switch and turn to on position. Now disconnect the negative battery cable for at least 60 seconds and then reconnect it. Alarm should sound for 60 seconds and then stop. At this point, cycle key to off position, wait 5 seconds and then crank engine
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks