mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Got a code p2647 on my 03 honda accord JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

got a code p2647 on my 03 honda accord
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Honda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Honda
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.
this code is for the vtec oil pressure switch circuit high. do you have a volt meter to test this? and also what engine do you have?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes. I have a 4Cyl
give me a moment and i will pull up a test procedure for you but most likely it will need to be replaced this is a commonly replaced part really
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if you could send me the test procedure and will change the vtec oil pressure switch if it is faulty....Thanks
i have attached two pictures one showing the location and the other is the connector view. you want to check resistance on the switch your really should see a low resistance number but if you see OL it is definitly bad but im expecting you will see a high number not OL you want to see something i would say no higher than 2ohms
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Mike, I'm confident that this is the problem, I appreciate the testing procedure and location info.
not a problem i apologize for the delay my internet crashed. i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating as this is how i am paid from the site.