Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I have a 2004 Honda Civic EX 1.7L and i just replaced the

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2004 Honda Civic EX 1.7L and i just replaced the head gasket on it. In the process is replaced the thermostat. Now with everything reassembled i am wondering what is the best way to bleed the cooling system?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. I have not been paid at this point by JustAnswer, your rating credits me from what you have already paid. The chat will remain open after rating so you can still get all of the help you need! I have attached the Honda procedure for adding and bleeding the system. I have also included the idle learn procedure that should be done after the repairs you have performed. I also use a special funnel(see image) while it's warming up to make sure it's completely bled of all air. Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!Thank you! ~Honda-Man
Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you have any questions after rating feel free to ask!Thank you, Honda-Man