George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years

2008 Honda Civic GX does the transmission filter underneath

Customer Question

2008 Honda Civic GX does the transmission filter underneath the air canister need to be changed as part of a normal transmission fluid replacement?
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: Original
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Perfectly!
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Honda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Yes the trans filter needs replacement along with the fluid every 120,000 miles. Please let me know if you have further questions Thank you