justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.

2009 Honda Civic sedan LX with factory fog lights, fogs work

Customer Question

2009 Honda Civic sedan LX with factory fog lights, fogs work ok, but low beam and high beam really strange, all of a sudden low beams are very dim, high beams sometimes work and sometimes not, really strange, sometimes I cannot turn off lights, combination light switch on left of steering column was replaced but no change, nothing has been added or changed recently with the car, all has been working fine for a several years. Just really strange problems with both low and high beams, this is not an intermittent problem it is this way always now
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is this a know issue with Honda or this year model, really strange acting
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there ?
Expert:  justinsbg replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. This issue may be something that requires some time to figure out so be patient while I ask questions.
Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.This sounds like there's an issue within the Multiplex Control Unit which is incorporated in the under dash fuse box assembly. The relay for the Low Beam headlights and also the control for the High Beam headlights are inside the multiplex control unit. I will include a electrical diagram for the lighting circuitry. I will also include a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. If you have any more questions about this just let me know. Thanks.You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. ThanksPart will be #1 in the parts list.