HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I'm getting a 83-1 code on my 2008 honda CRV ECM/PCM relational

Customer Question

Hi I'm getting a 83-1 code on my 2008 honda CRV ECM/PCM relational malfunction
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: check engine light VSA light flashing and there is also a triangle light flashing along with a misfire 4th cylinder
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 10 months ago.
Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you .how many miles on the car and what it the maintenance history on this car ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
111,000 miles and I get regular oilchanges every 3-5 k. Tune up done at 76,000 miles. I had one misfire issue around then, had the tune up, used seafoam in my gas tank as it was suggested that I got bad gas. That resolved the issue. The code I get now says ECM/PCM relational malfunction.
yes this is correct, have you done the 120k with the valve adjustment ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
clarify please-120k? No valve adjustment done...
ok the valves require adjustment every 110-120k if you have a tight or loose valve it can cause a misfire code