mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

CR-V: I have a 2008 Honda cr-v. I had to clean the battery

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Honda cr-v. I had to clean the battery cables and I don't have the radio code, can it be obtained with the vin no.? vin number is
Category: Honda
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
i can not be obtained via the vin number you will also have to contact the dealer as it is illegal for that info to be given out over the internet. you will need to provide the dealership with the serial number on the radio. to get the serial number from the radio with the key on make sure the radio is powered off. (nothing will be displayed not even code) then while the radio is off hold down 1 and 6 while holding hit the power button on the radio you will see two sets of 4 numbers and one letter. make sure and right those down those two combined are the serial number. if you have no further questions i would appreciate a rating as this is how we are compensated. we are paid from your deposit you do not pay any more when rating us.
have you resolved this issue if so would you be so kind as to leave me a rating when you have a moment. we are not paid until you do so.