Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

To whom it may concern I have a 2013 honda accord and the

Customer Question

To whom it may concern
I have a 2013 honda accord and the ANC auto noise cancelling system is switched off.
I can try to turn it on in the developer menu but it goes off everytime i restart the car.
Is there a way to do a factory reset and have it stay ON.
Thanks
gary
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Gary , from everything I have been able to read on your ANC/active sound control unit it appears to be designed to cancel after the unit is turned off. That being said you may want to check with your dealer to see if can be reprogrammed to stay active once the unit is turned off.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi RonI just want to clarify my question:
You can turn the ANC Unit on or off in the Developer Menu.
However, even when you turn ANC to ON - it will turn OFF once the vehicle is turned OFF --> it is not suppose to do that (it is suppose to be the exact opposite). So - even if I wanted to turn OFF the ANC - it would automatically default back to ON position once I switched off the car.
Do you know anything about doing a factory reset - so that the ANC goes back to its original default??
Please let me know.Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

From what I know its suppose to but Im not 100% sure so Ill open the post back up for you and maybe another will know for sure.