Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My car Honda Insight 2009.had the ABS sign ,3 weeks.I was

Customer Question

my car Honda Insight 2009.had the ABS sign for 2,3 weeks.I was using it on short runs and I felt like the wheel slows forcibly.I then heard a sound, a metal brushing against a metal. Is it Brake ads or the censor doesnt work
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Depending on the damage to the nut and shaft this may need repaired by a repair facility that has the correct tools and knowledge to replace and repair any damaged components that occurred with the corrosion.

I would have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes have set as well with a scan tool that will plug into your model here and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.There will be at least one code set related to the ABS light fault that will help locate and repair this issue here.

The metal sound may be worn or damaged brake pads and the pads and rotors may need replaced usually in the front but I would have the ABS fault codes checked using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle here as this will help locate any anti lock brake faults needing corrected.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your answer but the brake fuse should be checked could you please show me the location
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Check fuses 37,58,11,24,1 and 22 in the under dash fuse panel.These work in conjunction with the abs brake system.If any of these are blown then the affected fuse needs replaced.These are located under the dash on the drivers side.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03zuf2k7vy88n6a/fuse-03-30.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete