Carguy1, certified tech
Experience:  25 years experience, Subaru&Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru tech

QUESTION} I'm seeking the advice of an auto mechanic

Customer Question

QUESTION}Hello I'm seeking the advice of an auto mechanic regarding my cars AC. I just finished installing a new compressor, condenser, accumulator/dryer, and orfice tube. I sealed the system as best I could and when I attempt a vacuum it'll hold at 30mHg for a few minutes then gradually drop to zero. I know the hoses that attach the compressor are tightly sealed cause I inspected them throughly. My guess the next thing to check would be the integrity of the hoses. Need advice.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Carguy1 replied 6 months ago.

HI there,

Sadly, the only way you can really test the hoses is to blow about .5 pounds of freon in it and some dye. Then make the compressor cycle until it runs the freon out, then check the hoses and other connections for the leak. half a pound is usually enough to make the compressor kick on. It will probably take a bit for the freon to leak out as well. This is why the dye is so handy for the job.

Expert:  Carguy1 replied 6 months ago.

Hello again, do you need further assistance with this?