mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

I have a 92 Honda Accord ex automatic I've put new plugs new

Customer Question

I have a 92 Honda Accord ex automatic I've put new plugs new wires new ignition coil and it still blogs down while running . Doesn't do it all the time and I've had three mechanics look at it and cannot figure it out . It idles good and when it misfires went while it's running if I Florida the RPN drops the gears drop and it runs after the gear switches it just does it all over again
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Seems to be getting worse the more I drive it if I'm driving it on a low RPM and then it blogs a florist the gear drops down it kicks in and fires switches gears and does it all over again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** the ignition components the only things you have replaced?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
plugs wires ignition coil distributor

ok i was having a hard timing understanding exactly what you ment in what you wrote about the problem. did you say that when you floor the gass that the engine rpms drop and the gears drop as well does it pick up speed or just bog down?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The gear drop and it picks up speed but when the gear changes it starts all over. Basically I have to continue to floor that gas for it to go it used to not do it all the time but the more I drive it the worse it gets

is your maximum speed hindered? do you have basic tools that you would be able to remove the front oxygen sensor?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where is that located ?

if you have a dx or lx it will be located near the top of the exhaust manifold in front.if you have an ex it is farther along the exhaust under the vehicle.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have an ex. Would that sensor cause my car to run like it is.

no but it is possible the converter on you car is plugged. and not allowing the exhaust to flow properly. best test is to remove the sensor and go on a test drive only a short one. itwill be noisey but if the engine runs better than you have found your problem.

have you been able to try this procedure?

Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.

if you are in need of no further assistance i would appreciate if you left me a rating when you get a chance.