HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I changed fuse 13 to another 20A and it blew. I put in a 30

Customer Question

I changed fuse 13 to another 20A and it blew. I put in a 30 to test and it worked fine
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

What year and model car do you have? Any aftermarket things like a radio or remote start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 Honda Ridgeline. Had a problem getting the shifter out of park. I changed fuse 13 and it was blowing but now fixed that problem. Working on the issue of no turn signal and hazards. I do have aftermarket remote start and trailer hitch.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

if the trailer hitch wiring is not the Honda hitch wiring I would start with disconnecting the hitch wiring. I have seen a few issues where the converter box that is part of that wiring goes bad and causes issues. the turn signals are protected by fuse #16 in the under hood fuse box(15 amp fuse)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 Honda Ridgeline. Replaced the brake light switch and the fuses. Everything works fine until I have applied the brakes approx. 5-6 times. Then the brakes feel like they grab with barely any pressure on the brakes then the VSA light comes on. I have to turn the truck off and re start it. When I do, I'm good for a while again then the problem repeats.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Did you try disconnecting the trailer hitch wiring yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't been able to find out how to do that yet
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I think you will need to do that because it could be causing issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I disconnect it?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Most likely you will need to remove both tail lights and you will find they attached the trailer hitch wires there. the probably used scotch locks that you can open up and remove the wires.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the wires but the truck wouldn't start before I had to a chance to do it. I got a boost and fired up no problem but I can't shut it off and re start without assistance
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

do you have a battery charger? Sounds like all the checking you have been doing ran the battery down or it has gone bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the battery completely now apparently the vehicle is in anti theft mode
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

To reset it and get the horn to stop blowing lock and unlock the drivers door with the key a couple times after you hook the battery up and the horn starts to honk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a remote start (not factory) installed will that make a difference?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

If it is just the horn that is honking it will not mater

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the horn wasnt' going off just locking and unlocking and not able to start
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Try disconnecting the battery and them turn the key to the on position. While the key is in the on position hook the battery back up and see if it will start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this seems to have taken care of the truck locking and unlocking. I can turn the key but it will not fire
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

When you inset the key do you see green light flashing that looks like a key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

If that light is flashing the vehicle lost the key programming. If you have another key try it and see if the light stops flashing. If the light still flashes constantly you will need to have it towed to the dealer to get the keys reprogrammed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to a dealer. The key was responding so they didn't have to reprogram but they did have to disconnect the remote start. Thought I would give an update
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like the remote start may have been your whole issue.

I may not have been of much help so i am not leaving an option for you to accept my help and pay me.