HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Key does not work in door of 2007 MDX Acura -- believe it to

Customer Question

Key does not work in door of 2007 MDX Acura -- believe it to be cylinder....how much am I looking at to replace it and re-key if that is the issue? Also, any other options besides just going to a Honda dealer...is this something that any good mechanic can repair? My name is ***** ***** from Cincinnati.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: FOB went out a couple years back and so have been using the key....key has been getting more difficult to use over the past year or so....so went the route of Wd-40 and that seemed to work for a while...but just yesterday...hard to get key in....cannot get it in all the way and it wont turn.....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Let me look up some part information and I will report back soon. Thanks!