Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I have a 97 accord. the front signals dont work. ive

Customer Question

i have a 97 accord. the front signals dont work. ive verified power from the relay to the bulb. replaced bulbs. the back right signal works normal and the back left blinks at a high rate of speed. the relay clicks as it should. also when i use the hazards the back work but not the front. any ideas
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Honda Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: listed in my first statement
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Honda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Honda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Honda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

If the both back work with the hazard switch but not off the turn signal switch the hazard switch is your problem. The signals go through the hazard switch so if it's bad the turn signals won't operate correctly. I have attached a copy of the wiring diagram for you to use if needed. I have seen this problem before in the past at least half a dozen times. ebay hazard switch.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man