Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.

Battery went dead in our 09 pilot and now the Navigation

Customer Question

battery went dead in our 09 pilot and now the Navigation system will not work. on starting the vehicle it says "Downloading software please wait" after about 5 min it says "Please check disc" it worked perfectly fine before the battery went dead. Tried to reset the system but it will not even let me get into diagnostic mode. Tried a brand new Nav update just purchased but it didn't work either
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: the Navigation system is the problem not the battery
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Honda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Honda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Honda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Before you condemn the unit as being bad you can try doing a force start of the system. To do the Force start you need the Service Connector 07PAZ-0010100. See the step in the link below.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That didn't do anything. It still only goes to the "please wait now downloading software" screen then after 5 min says "please check your disc". It's like the ROM in the unit is blank. It's looking for something on the drive just not the map disc. It seems to hang up after that and won't go to any other screen. The Diag menu will not come up even with the service connector on. I see mention of a setup disc but I never got one of those with my car. Any other ideas
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately it sounds like the problem is with the unit and its not something I can fix from there. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else may have something different you to to try. If they can help they will respond .