HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

I have a brand new 2015, Honda CRV touring, has 1800 *****

Customer Question

I have a brand new 2015, Honda CRV touring, has 1800 ***** ***** had it 6 months now. When I first got it I was backing out of the drive way and it would lock up completely. It happened twice but I figured it was me not knowing how this car functions. Well fast forward three months and I'm driving it in traffic and start to press the brake, it automatically stopped the car. I was just pressing light enough to slow down not come to a stop. I took my foot off the brake and the car whip lashed to a stop. The dealer is saying sorry we can't find anything wrong...Hmmm, I was almost rear-ended. ..scary...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is Devin..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

Did the brakes release on their own immediately after the incident, or did you have to let it sit for a bit? Did you by chance get out and feel the front wheels to see if they felt extremely hot?