K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have a 1990 Honda Accord 2dr coupe that doesn't start. I

Customer Question

HI,
I have a 1990 Honda Accord 2dr coupe that
doesn't start. I pulled out of the parking spot from my house and after I got to the end of the street, it just cut right off. It cranks but won't turn over now. I changed the spark plugs, wires, coil, about to buy a whole distributor for it. Didn't check if it was the fuel pump or not but it has almost a full tank of gas. Still not starting..... wanted to know if there was anything I am missing for the reason it's not starting.
Category: Honda
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 8 months ago.

A quick test to see if it's a bad fuel pump is to spray carb cleaner/wd 40/throttle body cleaner down the air intake. IFit then starts the fuel pump or it's electrical circuit is bad.

Before buying a distributor pull a spark pug place it in a plug wire and hol the electrode on the valve cover to check for spark

You also need to check that the timing belt is not broke. You can remove the distributor cap and make sure the rotor is turning while cranking it. No turning equals a broken belt.

If I can help further just reply back.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where the air take located?

Air intake is the tube from the air cleaner to throttle body.