HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Pearl, I have a 2010 Ridgeline. It's started making a

Customer Question

Pearl, I have a 2010 Ridgeline. It's started making a strange nice when I come up to a light after driving for a while. It's almost like a roar. Then as soon as I've gone a short distance it stops and then I smell an odor like it's hot. The engine is a 3.5 liter.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possible if not too difficult.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No, it's been a great truck...and I'd like to keep it!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

Is it showing warmer than usual on the temp gauge? Could the noise be the electric cooling fans running? They make a noise similar to roaring.