HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2000 Honda odyssey. The driver's seat will recline

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Honda odyssey. The driver's seat will recline by itself and stay in that position. Nothing works to return it to its proper position. After 10 min or so, all of the switches work again and you can return it to its proper position. Thanks!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. It happened to my wife 4 times in the last couple of months. And myself once yesterday. So I need to get it fixed.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: Everything else works great. I only has 120,000 miles on it. We don't drive far very often. We are the original owners.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

That sounds like it is in the switch assembly but would have to be tested, (when it is malfunctioning) to be sure.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.