HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2002 4 door honda civic. I bought it used and came

Customer Question

I have a 2002 4 door honda civic. I bought it used and came with an after production keyless entry bob made by Viper. YOu must press the bob to start the car. It's a real hassle if (like now) if remote is not working. THe car is fine, but can't start it because of this remote keyless entry. Is there a way to override the system. I have heard about something called a valet switch.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I live in remote Maine- an hour from any dealerships, but a guy in town (10 miles)fixed it the last time- it was the receiver in the car was torn. But, I can't get there because I can't start the car.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No, it's a great car. That is what is so frustrating.I just want to put the key in and start the car.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** viper hav a valet switch, and usually they are mounted down low on the drivers side dash, almost under the dash, have you look there for a pushbutton switch?